The doctors and staff here at Ribbleton Medical Centre in Preston are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centered healthcare. 

We are a GP training practice providing further training for junior doctors who are fully qualified and have had ample hospital experience that may wish to have a career in general practice.  We also provide placements for medical students from the University of Manchester and Royal Preston Hospital. Both the practice and all doctors and medical students are thoroughly assessed by the North West Education Deanery before any placements.

We offer a wide variety of medical services including:

    • Chronic disease monitoring
    • Antenatal & postnatal care
    • Minor surgery
    • Childhood vaccinations
    • Health checks

All patients are allocated a named GP but you are welcome to see any GP within the practice. Please ask at reception if you would like to know who your named GP is, you can also look on your medical card.

Our care navigators (formally known as medical receptionists) are fully trained in taking details of your medical problem to enable them to assess and book your appointment with the most appropriate clinician, which may not necessarily be a GP. All our practice staff are bound by patient confidentiality.

Your computerised medical records are linked to "The Summary Care Record" which gives a summary of your medical records to all authorised healthcare staff treating you anywhere in the NHS in England. To express your consent or dissent for this, please print off the form from the link below, fill it in and return it to the surgery. Please note you will need to fill in separate form for each family member. website/P81184/files/Summary Care Record.docx

To change your address, you can print off a change of address form via the link below. Once you have filled this in please return it to us at the surgery. Please note if you are out of our practice boundaries you will be sent a letter to advise you that you will be removed from our practice in 30 days and will need to find a new GP. website/P81184/files/Change_of_Address_Form.pdf

(Site updated 30/03/2022)
Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website